Re: curl websockets

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 17:23:06 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 22 Jun 2021, Weston Schmidt via curl-library wrote:

> I'm interested in feedback or suggestions for what/how to define a good
> websocket API that complements libcurl.

My very simple idea on how it could be added to the API:

1. We add another value to set CURLOPT_CONNECT_ONLY to (2). If this is used,
and the URL is "http(s)://" then libcurl could "bootstrap" into a websocket
connection.

2. Once it is completed, we could have the application extract the socket (to
have something to wait on) and then use curl_easy_recv() and curl_easy_send()
to receive and send websockets data over that connection.

What would this be missing?