curl websockets

From: Weston Schmidt via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 15:49:06 -0700

I saw in the TODO document the desire for websocket support in curl:
https://curl.se/docs/todo.html#Upgrade_to_websockets

I too have the need/want for a curl based websocket implementation.
As has been pointed out the implementation tends to be a bit more
involved. Starting from code that Gustavo Barbieri wrote (& his
encouragement) I have a fairly reasonable curl based websocket
implementation: https://github.com/xmidt-org/curlws

I'm interested in feedback or suggestions for what/how to define a
good websocket API that complements libcurl.

Best,
Wes