curl / Mailing Lists / curl-and-php / Single Mail

Re: Slow performance using multi_curl_* with HTTPs requests

From: Thomas Stähle via curl-and-php <curl-and-php_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 14:47:14 +0200

Hi Daniel,

This "new" libcurl of yours was relased in December 2016. We have done more
> than 3,200 documented bug-fixes in the curl project since then.
> While I can't name exactly what fixes that might have an impact on your
> performance issue, I don't think you'll find any people interested in
> truly
> investigating this unless you see a problem with a much more recent
> version.

fair enough. I can understand you.

Here is one more set of tests. Similar node but now in the same DC as the
sleep script. So without the additional network time the numbers in total
are smaller than before but the issue is still present. I compiled libcurl
for buster and compiled PHPs curl extension.

# cat /etc/debian_version
10.9
# php --version
PHP 7.4.20 ...
# php -i | grep cURL
cURL support => enabled
cURL Information => 7.77.0-DEV

I am using the implementations I posted in the response to Jess.

# php curl_plain.php http
  Total: 100.1340649128 seconds
# php curl_plain.php https
  Total: 101.8970041275 seconds

# php curl_multi.php http
  Total: 100.19338607788 seconds
# php curl_multi.php https
  Total: 106.07211399078 seconds

I would not expect any runtime longer than 102 seconds.

Cheers
Thomas