Re: How do I read the rest of this web site?

From: Ray Satiro via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 18:45:54 -0400

On 9/16/2022 3:45 PM, ToddAndMargo via curl-users wrote:
> Fedora 36
> curl-7.82.0-7.fc36.x86_64
>
> On the following web site
>
> https://github.com/nxadm/rakudo-pkg/releases
> view-source:https://github.com/nxadm/rakudo-pkg/releases
>
> There is a button called "Show all 50 assets".
>
> <button type="button" data-view-component="true"
> class="js-release-asset-untruncate-btn btn-link">    Show all 50 assets
>
> But I can not get this extra list with curl -- only
> with Firefox.  And when I click on it with Firefox,
> the URL does not change.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

It's javascript that retrieves a separate html page [1] with all the
assets. Also you can see all the assets on the release page for that tag
[2]. If I were you I would parse the json from github's api [3] instead
of trying to parse the html.

curl -fLsS
"https://api.github.com/repos/nxadm/rakudo-pkg/releases/latest" | jq
--raw-output ".id | select(type == \"number\")"

curl -fLsS
"https://api.github.com/repos/nxadm/rakudo-pkg/releases/68967516/assets"

[1]: https://github.com/nxadm/rakudo-pkg/releases/expanded_assets/v2022.06
[2]: https://github.com/nxadm/rakudo-pkg/releases/v2022.06