Curl Error 2 From SSH Error "Failed getting banner"

From: Michael Newman via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2022 05:43:48 +0700

I have four Raspberry Pies all running curl 7.64.0. Each Pi uploads a webcam image to the same host every two minutes. That's 30 images per hour for four Pies. This is all done with simple bash shell scripts. Authentication with the host is done by public key.

Normally this works fine, but now and then all or most of the Pies fail with curl error 2 which, according to the log is cause by: "Failure establishing ssh session: -13, Failed getting banner".

I understand that this is not caused by an error in curl, however, I wonder if there is some way I can overcome the error with curl.

Right now I'm using the following parameters:

    --connect-timeout 10
     --max-time 120
     --retry 5

I set max-time to 120 because images are uploaded every two minutes. The other two are just guesses on my part as to what might work.

Is there a better way?