Re: roadmap 2022 thoughts?

From: Dan Fandrich via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 11:31:49 -0800

On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 12:14:49PM +0100, Aleksandar Lazic via curl-users wrote:
> Well from my point of view I use also curl for some network tests just because curl is mostly by default in
> the image or machine :-) which isn't the case for the netcat, that's one of the reason why I like that
> 'telnet://' is still in curl.
>
> A 'curl -v telnet://IP:PORT' is one of the most easiest network testing command which I use almost every day.

I remember your talk at curl://up about this a few years ago. I was impressed
by how many standard diagnostic utilities you were able to replace by curl! If
anyone's interested, the talk is available at
https://curl.se/video/curlup-2017/2017-03-18_02_Aleksandar_Lazic_curl_for_network_debugging.mp4

In case people don't know, there are lots more videos about curl topics
available at https://curl.se/docs/videos/

Dan