Re: roadmap 2022 thoughts?

From: Aleksandar Lazic via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 12:14:49 +0100

On 07.01.22 08:02, Hans Henrik Bergan via curl-users wrote:
> Seconded for Websocket support..

+1

> _at_Vanem warning, curl telnet has very slow performance, sure it works for small messages, but last time i
> did that, it was very slow and very prone to silent corruption where the whole message wasn't sent and
> there was no indication of it.. netcat works better, or at least that was the case years ago (don't
> remember when) - that said, netcat has it's own problems, namely incompatible implementations (eg GNU
> netcat vs BSD netcat different invocations, and various Linux distros use 1 of the 2)

Well from my point of view I use also curl for some network tests just because curl is mostly by default in
the image or machine :-) which isn't the case for the netcat, that's one of the reason why I like that
'telnet://' is still in curl.

A 'curl -v telnet://IP:PORT' is one of the most easiest network testing command which I use almost every day.

Jm2c

> On Fri, Jan 7, 2022, 06:41 Gisle Vanem via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se <mailto:curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>> wrote:
>
> > Hi team!
> >
> > I'm curious; what would *you* like to see us add/fix/do in curl during 2022?
> >

> Make 'telnet' more versatile. This works kinda:
>    cat commands | curl telnet://host:2121
>
> I'd like this to work too:
>    curl --data-binary @commands telnet://host:2121
>
> it does nothing now.