Re: File upload - Progress-meter becomes misleading when POST takes time.

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2022 14:57:20 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 7 Jan 2022, kifer lemet via curl-users wrote:

> It seems Curl progress meter, calculates and shows the upload speed based on
> the POST request completion duration instead of the duration passed from
> first byte uploaded to last byte uploaded.

It does, yes. In fact, libcurl doesn't keep a separate timer for upload vs
download so it always uses the same timer for both.

I think in most cases it doesn't matter much because the upload or the
download part is such a significant portion of the entire operation. But sure,
in some cases it will make a notable difference.

Room for improvement!