[RELEASE] curl 7.79.1

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 08:21:55 +0200 (CEST)

Hello friends!

I'm happy to announce another curl release. This time mostly to fix some
annoying regressions introduced in the previous release.

As always, download it from https://curl.se/

Enjoy!

curl and libcurl 7.79.1

  Public curl releases: 203
  Command line options: 242
  curl_easy_setopt() options: 290
  Public functions in libcurl: 85
  Contributors: 2489

This release includes the following bugfixes:

  o Curl_http2_setup: don't change connection data on repeat invokes [10]
  o curl_multi_fdset: make FD_SET() not operate on sockets out of range [4]
  o dist: provide lib/.checksrc in the tarball [6]
  o FAQ: add GOPHERS + curl works on data, not files
  o hsts: CURLSTS_FAIL from hsts read callback should fail transfer [8]
  o hsts: handle unlimited expiry [3]
  o http: fix the broken >3 digit response code detection [1]
  o strerror: use sys_errlist instead of strerror on Windows [5]
  o test1184: disable [9]
  o tests/sshserver.pl: make it work with openssh-8.7p1 [2]

This release includes the following known bugs:

  o see docs/KNOWN_BUGS (https://curl.se/docs/knownbugs.html)

This release would not have looked like this without help, code, reports and
advice from friends like these:

   0xee on github, Daniel Stenberg, Evangelos Foutras, Glenn de boer,
   Jonathan Cardoso Machado, Kamil Dudka, Marcel Raad, Ray Satiro,
   RiderALT on github, tawmoto on github, Viktor Szakats,
   (11 contributors)

References to bug reports and discussions on issues:

  [1] = https://curl.se/bug/?i=7738
  [2] = https://curl.se/bug/?i=7724
  [3] = https://curl.se/bug/?i=7720
  [4] = https://curl.se/bug/?i=7718