file directory problem in curl command

From: Doug Hess via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 14:01:47 -0500

Hello.

I'm a first-time curl user. I'm using Windows 10 with curl version 7.55.1.

I am attempting to batch download from the US Census geocoding system a
file that exceeds it's web-based form's 10 000 address limit. I tried this
command:

curl --form "E:/NC Voter Files/address/NCaddresses1.csv" --form
benchmark=2020 --url <
https://geocoding.geo.census.gov/geocoder/geographies/addressbatch>
--output geocoderesult.csv

I get this response:
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

Any suggestions? Thank you.

-Doug Hess, Ph.D.
http://www.douglasrhess.com _at_douglasrhess
https://www.linkedin.com/in/douglasrhess/