Re: curl sftp on an old Pi running Jessie

From: Dan Fandrich via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2021 07:19:35 -0700

On Sun, Jul 25, 2021 at 07:05:48PM +0700, Michael Newman via curl-users wrote:
> On Jul 25, 2021, at 17:00, Dan Fandrich wrote:
> Try upgrading your libcurl and libssh2 and see if that helps.
>
> I don't really understand this. Sorry for being uneducated.
>
> I tried this, but, as you can see it failed.
>
> pi_at_rasp ~ $ sudo apt upgrade libcurl
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Calculating upgrade... E: Unable to locate package libcurl
>
> So, how do I upgrade lib curl and libssh2?

You're probably running an old OS with old software. Try "lsb_release -a" or
cat /etc/debian_version. You would have to upgrade the entire OS to get the
correspondingly-newer libcurl. Alternatively, you could compile libcurl and
libssh2 yourself. The source code comes with basic instructions for doing that,
but given that you're running on a small machine that might not have enough
space to hold all the development packages you'd need, and that I guess you
haven't done such a thing before, that approach may not be that
straightforward.

Dan