Re: curl sftp on an old Pi running Jessie

From: Dan Fandrich via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2021 18:15:05 -0700

On Sun, Jul 25, 2021 at 06:42:11AM +0700, Michael Newman via curl-users wrote:
> curl 7.38.0 (arm-unknown-linux-gnueabihf) libcurl/7.38.0 OpenSSL/1.0.1t zlib/1.2.8 libidn/1.29 libssh2/1.4.3 librtmp/2.3
> Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps ldap ldaps pop3 pop3s rtmp rtsp scp sftp smtp smtps telnet tftp
> Features: AsynchDNS IDN IPv6 Largefile GSS-API SPNEGO NTLM NTLM_WB SSL libz TLS-SRP
>
> What am I doing wrong here?

You're running some nearly decade-old software. Since then, some insecure
hashing and encryption algorithms in many SSH servers have become disallowed.
Try upgrading your libcurl and libssh2 and see if that helps. It might also be
some issue with key availability (e.g., through an SSH agent), but I suspect
it's just outdated encryption.

Dan