Buy commercial curl support. We help you work out your issues, debug your libcurl applications, use the API, port to new platforms, add new features and more. With a team lead by the curl founder Daniel himself.

Re: OpenSSL 1.x support?

From: Alexander Dyagilev via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2024 07:46:21 +0700

I'm using the following commands:

./configure --prefix=$MY_PREFIXDIR --enable-shared=no --enable-debug=no \
--with-secure-transport \
--with-zlib=$MY_PWD/../zlib-build/prebuilt/macx/x64 \
--with-libssh2=$MY_PWD/../libssh2-build/prebuilt/macos/x86_64 \
--with-openssl=$MY_PWD/../openssl-build/prebuilt/macosx

make -j4
make install

I'm sure that I have OpenSSL v1 both includes and libs inside of the path I
specify (openssl-build/prebuilt/macosx; there is # define
OPENSSL_VERSION_TEXT "OpenSSL 1.1.1t 7 Feb 2023" inside of opensslv.h).

For me it sounds like a bug of the configure script, and it tries to use
OpenSSL v3 headers which I do have installed on my machine also.

Any ideas on how to fix it? I've attached console output and config.log
files. According to them it properly detects OpenSSL v1. I don't know why
and where it uses OpenSSL v3.