Buy commercial curl support. We help you work out your issues, debug your libcurl applications, use the API, port to new platforms, add new features and more. With a team lead by the curl founder Daniel himself.

Where is curlx_dyn_addn defined?

From: Bill Pierce via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2024 17:52:08 -0500

For several years, I've been using libcurl in a C++ program that I wrote
to scrape data from finance.yahoo.com. A couple of months ago, Yahoo
made changes to their website that broke my program and I haven't been
able to figure out how to fix it. Since Yahoo seems to make changes to
their website at least yearly, I decided to scrape data from
stockanalysis.com instead. However, when I run my program, I get a
CURLE_URL_MALFORMAT error and thus far, I haven't been able to figure
out why. (an example URL is:
https://www.stockanalysis.com/stocks/aapl/statistics/  which works
perfectly when pasted into Firefox.)

I like to figure things like this out myself. I find that it's the best
way to learn how things work. So, I grabbed the sources from github
using Git Bash on May 24, 2024, but when I tried to compile a test
program with selected libcurl files, curlx_dyn_addn was undefined. I
found that it is called in many places in the libcurl sources using
Windows Explorer's search feature, but I couldn't find where it is
defined. This is under Windows 7 and using Visual Studio Community
Version 16.11.25. My plan is to build my test program with just the
libcurl sources that it needs, duplicate the CURLE_URL_MALFORMAT error,
and then figure out why I'm getting that error.

I didn't find anything when I searched the libcurl mail list archives
for curlx_dyn_addn. Today (May 28th) I grabbed a newer copy of the
sources on the off-chance that curlx_dyn_addn was inadvertently omitted
from sources available on May 24th. I didn't find the definition of
curlx_dyn_addn in the new source either.

Suggestions?

Bill Pierce