Buy commercial curl support. We help you work out your issues, debug your libcurl applications, use the API, port to new platforms, add new features and more. With a team lead by the curl founder Daniel himself.

Downloading from SFTP: my code vs. curl

From: Alexander Dyagilev via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2024 19:19:36 +0700

Hello,

I'm trying to download from SFTP server. Authorization goes via private key
which is stored inside of Pageant agent.

I don't change any secure settings (e.g. CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER) in my
code.

curl fails to download with error message: curl (60) SSL peer certificate
or SSH remote key was not OK.

My code downloads just fine.

What can be a possible reason of this?

My libcurl copy was built with Schannel (Microsoft's native TLS engine).
Version - 8.7.1.