Problems with empty header values in header API in 8.5.0/master

From: Dmitry Karpov via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2024 23:04:00 +0000

Hi All,

I noticed a strange regression related to header API when migrated from 7.84 to 8.5.0, and I see the same issue in TOT branch.
The issue is that the header API returns '\r' as a header value when some service returns a header with no value (like: hdr: \r\n).

The 7.84 returns expected empty string in such cases.
Is a bug or some behavior change?

Thanks,
Dmitry Karpov