Re: Adding IPFS Trustless Gateway Protocol Questions

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 09:49:33 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 26 Oct 2023, Hugo Valtier via curl-library wrote:

> Mark recently added ipfs:// support in the curl CLI however sadly it does
> not perform validation on the data received. I am interested in fixing that
> as well as moving the support into libcurl.

Hello and welcome to the curl project!

A primary reason I insisted on making the current implementation for the curl
tool and not for libcurl, is the fact that it is "only" a client on top of
HTTP, and as such libcurl can be used as-is and does not need changing.

If we are still talking about IPFS-over-HTTP then I believe this situation
stands. If you want an IPFS-over-HTTP library you can make one on top of
libcurl.

Am I wrong and if so, how and why?