RE: Issues with new cookie length limits

From: Chamberlin, David via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2023 13:09:37 +0000

We'll hold off on the cookie length limit for now, then and wait to see what happens.

We are planning to submit a pull request with a test and the fix for the length calculation issue.

The impact is that the real limit for cookie size may actually end up being somewhat less than 8K.

For the test we are looking to adding another test case in tests/data - does that seem right? I don't see anything that explicitly tests the 8K limit - or might that be somewhere else?

Do we need to do anything to have the test picked up or just commit the next numbered test case?