RE: Issues with new cookie length limits

From: Chamberlin, David via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2023 09:34:28 +0000

Hi Alex.

Thanks for the prompt response - and the pointer to that thread.

It looks like we are facing the same issue as the original poster (Ben Herrenschmidt).

As I read it, the subject was left last week with Ben offering to make a change to curl that adds a command line parameter to lift or relax the limit (as well as a separate discussion about how to support cookies split into multiple headers)

Is there a way I can respond to the thread (from this email address)? I suspect that adding a new command line parameter as Ben suggests to an already crowded set will get some pushback - a CMakeLists/configure option might be more acceptable? Also, the length calculation issue we picked up was not discussed.

- David