Re: multi interface with hsts cache

From: Przemysław Sobala via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 11:52:28 +0200

Thank you for your response.
Let's say I want to drop my cache preloading/dumping requirements and just
use the in-memory HSTS cache shared between cURL easy handles, managed by
the multi interface.
1. is using the share interface
<https://curl.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-share.html> the preferred option?
2. if so, and if my application receives tons of concurrent download
requests and it's built on libuv and cURL's multi interface
<https://github.com/curl/curl/blob/master/docs/examples/multi-uv.c>, should
I introduce any locking mechanism while accessing the shared in-memory HSTS
cache? I'm asking this question because libuv creates a single thread to
manage all I/O operations and maybe because of that I don't need any
additional locking?

--
best regards
Przemysław Sobala