WebSocket custom port name as in JavaScript websockets

From: Johny Bravo via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 17:23:58 +0200 (CEST)

I have tried websocket API, but I cannot get it working and receive message.

If I use the ws in JavaScript, I have:

var socket = new WebSocket( "wss://some_url", "example");

However, I dont know, how to set "example" port in libCURL API. I have tried

curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_PROTOCOLS_STR, "example");

but I still dont receive messages.

I got stuck at res = curl_ws_recv(curl, buffer, sizeof(buffer), &nread, &
meta); where res always returns CURLE_AGAIN, no matter how long I wait.

libCURL verbose log gives me this:

*   Trying <IP>:443...
* Connected to some_url (IP) port 443 (#0)
* schannel: disabled automatic use of client certificate

> GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: some_url
Accept: */*
Upgrade: websocket