Re: all previous curl CVEs as JSON ?

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2023 21:18:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 1 May 2023, Timothe Litt via curl-library wrote:

> Good start.  A few things to consider:

I decided to try to use something like https://ossf.github.io/osv-schema/

Lots of tiny changes have been applied.

> * Rather than hiding in description, add key for "known exploits" -
> value can be boolean. [will this be updated if updates are
> discovered after publication?  If not, what's the value of having it?]

We basically never get that information. I don't think we can maintain such
info with dignity.

> * Does each entry need a revision # (e.g. if the first fix is
> incomplete/incorrect)?

There is now a "modified" date stamp.

> * should reporter,patcher be arrays?

They are now a 'credits' array.

> * including a link to the CVE on https://www.cve.org (was
> cve.mitre.org) [text, and/or the GET API
> <https://cveawg.mitre.org/api-docs/>to return the CVE record]

The MITRE details for curl flaw are mostly useless and I instead much rather
prefer people use and read *our* documentation for our flaws than any other
resource.

> * If this is automated, how does the automation know when to include a
> CVE? When current release >= "last"?  Does this fit the final
> publication policy?

It is automated and it re-generates the list when there are updates to the
CVEs or additions. The website is generated with a set of makefiles.

Thanks for the feedback!