Re: Curl + OpenSSL 3.x is painfully slow on windows

From: Zakrzewski, Jakub via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2023 14:26:04 +0000

> That's also basically what the CA caching does.

The caching does a bit more - it stores the parsed bundle.

> If you ask me, that's almost like begging for problems since you then ditch
> the caches and ruins the ability to do things faster in subsequent transfers,
> over and over.

Agree 100%.
Unfortunately, I'm not the author of this code, and we have to be extremely careful
when changing anything.
Like recently I finally managed to fix the code to properly use all the parameters to produce
desired request, instead of abusing CURLOPT_CUSTOM_REQUEST.
Of course immediately someone complained, that the POST now sends chunked encoding
and the server (Microsoft SSO) does not understand it at all....

> Sure that's possible, but is the difference between that and the blob approach
> you already mentioned adding anything extra?

Yep, this basically re-invents the caching of the parsed bundle.