Curl + OpenSSL 3.x is painfully slow on windows

From: Zakrzewski, Jakub via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2023 08:48:04 +0000

Hi All,

first, I know this is not really a curl issue per se, but I wanted to draw attention to the problem.

After I upgraded a bunch of libraries in our project, our customers noticed slowness in HTTP requests. I have profiled it, and 84% of the time was spent in fgets(...)​ reading the CA-Bundle deep inside OpenSSL.
I have worked this around by reading the file myself, and providing it as a blob, which was immediate 10x boost.

We use curl easy interface (changing to multi is out of the question in the nearest future because of architectural reasons).

Just wanted to ask if this would maybe be something libcurl​ wanted to address?
It's a bit unfortunate for me right, that caching is only available for the multi.

--
Have a good one,
Jakub