Re: Compiling curl 8.0.1 with OpenSSL 3.1.0 - ../lib/.libs/libcurl.so: undefined reference to ...

From: Jeffrey Walton via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2023 14:00:15 -0400

On Sun, Apr 16, 2023 at 1:07 PM Rahul Sabnis via curl-library
<curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se> wrote:

> Configure command output below. Added few other parameters as can be seen below:
> Host setup: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
> Install prefix: /home/builder/curl
> Compiler: gcc -std=gnu11
> CFLAGS: -fPIC -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -O2 -Wno-system-headers
> CPPFLAGS: -Dlinux26 -isystem /home/builder/openssl/include/openssl -DOPENSSL_NO_DEPRECATED_3_0
> LDFLAGS: -Wl,-R/home/builder/openssl/lib64 -L/home/builder/openssl/lib64
> LIBS: -lssl -lcrypto -ldl

Off-topic, you generally want to use new-dtags with an RPATH:

    -Wl,-R,/home/builder/openssl/lib64 -Wl,--enable-new-dtags

new-dtags sets the RUNPATH, and it allows LD_LIBRARY_PATH overrides.
Without it, you set the RPATH, and it does not allow the overrides.

Jeff