Re: Help using libcurl with HTTP proxy on Android device

From: David Castillo via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2023 11:39:18 -0700

> In the old days, you had to install the CA Root in the Android
> Certificate Store, like

https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/mpf/7.1.0?topic=certificates-installing-root-ca-android

I have already installed the certificate on the device. I can see it in the
"/data/misc/user/0/cacerts-added" directory. So I set the "CURLOPT_CAPATH"
option to point to this directory so libcurl can find it, but the problem
is that the root CA certificate is in DER format, and looks like libcurl
can only handle PEM format, so I get this error:

BoringSSL: error:0900006e:PEM routines:OPENSSL_internal:NO_START_LINE

So I'm trying to figure out if there's a way l can make libcurl handle this
certificate. I tried converting the certificate to a PEM format and then
install it on the Android device again, but it didn't work. Looks like
Android converts it back to DER format when installing the root certificate