[RELEASE] curl 8.0.1

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2023 14:58:25 +0100 (CET)

Hello friends.

I am sorry, but due to reasons we shipped a stupid bug in the previous release
and here is a quick follow-up with a single extra revert. I appologize for the
noise.

curl and libcurl 8.0.1

  Public curl releases: 216
  Command line options: 250
  curl_easy_setopt() options: 302
  Public functions in libcurl: 91
  Contributors: 2841

This release includes the following bugfixes:

  o Revert "multi: remove PENDING + MSGSENT handles" [1]

This release includes the following known bugs:

  o see docs/KNOWN_BUGS (https://curl.se/docs/knownbugs.html)

Planned upcoming removals include:

  o gskit
  o NSS
  o support for space-separated NOPROXY patterns
  o support for the original legacy mingw version 1

  See https://curl.se/dev/deprecate.html for details

This release would not have looked like this without help, code, reports and
advice from friends like these:

  Daniel Stenberg, Kamil Dudka

References to bug reports and discussions on issues:

  [1] = https://curl.se/bug/?i=10795