Error while building curl with HTTP3 support from quictls/openssl

From: Darshan Sen via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 19:12:35 +0530

Hi!

I was trying to build curl with HTTP3 support using the quictls clone of
openssl and I'm running into some errors.

The error I'm facing currently is
configure: error: --with-ngtcp2 was specified but could not find
ngtcp2_crypto_openssl pkg-config file.

which happens during the configure step of curl. I know that this issue has
been discussed in https://github.com/curl/curl/issues/8733 but going
through the discussion, I wasn't able to find an answer that worked for me.

Hence, I decided to come up with a reproducible way to tackle this problem
- a PR that attempts to repro this on an online CI environment -
https://github.com/RaisinTen/tests/pull/7, so that anyone in this thread
can try this out.

Several comments like
https://github.com/curl/curl/issues/8733#issuecomment-1106079224 said that
we would need to set PKG_CONFIG_PATH. I tried doing that in the latest
commit -
https://github.com/RaisinTen/tests/pull/7/commits/c9adc09e1d234bbb03dc7cee675ac380885c1196
but
I'm still facing the same issue -