[Question] Forcing libcurl to use hardware randomization

From: Randall via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 11:33:22 -0500

Hi Curl,

I have a curl built with OpenSSL. The built of OpenSSL uses hardware
randomization on the platform using _rdrand64(). When I use libcurl,
typically through git, I end up with an open to PRNGD, which is not
desirable. I'm wondering whether there is a configuration setting that I am
missing from curl to force this, or whether I should contribute code to
access the x86 hardware randomizer directly. There is no /dev/urandom or
/dev/random on this platform, aside from it being POSIX compliant. Curl is
configured as follows:

CFLAGS="-c99" CPPFLAGS="-D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED=1 -WIEEE_float
-I/usr/local/openssl/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib" ./configure
--with-ssl=/usr/local --with-ca-path=/usr/local/ssl/certs --disable-pthreads
--disable-threaded-resolver --enable-ipv6

Thanks in advance,
Randall

--
Brief whoami: NonStop&UNIX developer since approximately
UNIX(421664400)