Getting IP 0.0.1.209?

From: Christian Schmitz via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2023 08:53:12 +0100

Hello,

When would DNS report an IP like 0.0.1.209 for CURL?

CURL 7.88.0 on Windows.

  Trying 0.0.1.209:465...
connect to 0.0.1.209 port 465 failed: Network unreachable
Failed to connect to 0.0.1.209 port 465 after 0 ms: Couldn't connect to server
Closing connection 0

A client sent me this log when sending emails via smtp on a Windows machine.
Same script seems to work for him with older curl (7.87.0), but that could also just mean he restarted the app/computer and that fixed it.

For me on macOS and Windows it works fine for that server and gives a valid IP.

I am not sure what to do beside seeing if someone else reports this.
Or it was a local glitch in the DNS answer.

Best regards,
Christian