RE: IPv6 issues with ares_getaddrinfo()

From: Peter Krefting via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 13:57:45 +0100 (CET)

Hi!

Dmitry Karpov on 2023-01-24:

> You need to tweak libcurl options or follow the same logic in your
> code to match the behavior of the curl application.

Yes, indeed.

I was hoping it was easier to create a way to reproduce the bug by
using command-line curl, instead of trying to extract something from
the way our different code modules interact.

Because of that I have not been able to create a simple way to
reproduce the problems, all I know is that removing

   #define HAVE_CARES_GETADDRINFO 1

makes things work, but I am nowhere nearer figuring out why.

--
\\// Peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/