RE: IPv6 issues with ares_getaddrinfo()

From: Peter Krefting via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 13:24:17 +0100 (CET)

Hi!

> I think the problem was that you had only one network interface working - eth1, and by some reason the system gave libcurl a non-functional one.
> If you can't reproduce this issue, then it seems that your system now picks a working one.

For unknown reasons, the command-line curl does come through with an
IPv4 call, while using the library directly it does not, unless I disable the
use of ares_getaddrinfo(), unless I explicitely select an interface
for it to call out on. Note that all interfaces have valid IPv4
configurations, so it ought to work no matter what.

--
\\// Peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/