RE: IPv6 issues with ares_getaddrinfo()

From: Peter Krefting via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 09:20:05 +0100 (CET)

Hi!

> Do you get host resolution error with the curl 7.87.0 and c-ares
> 1.18.1 or the host resolution is OK?

Host resolution seems to be OK, the curl connection instead reports an
error from inside OpenSSL:

   result == 35 : Error (OpenSSL SSL_connect: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL in
   connection to license.microanalytics.org:443 )

I have enabled CURLOPT_VERBOSE, and it outputs the above error when
using a build that enables ares_getaddrinfo. The error is not printed
when running without, and I instead get a IPv4 connection that goes
through.

> Can you try forcing libcurl to use every global IPv6 address for
> each network interface and see if it helps?

I'm not sure how to do that, sorry.

--
\\// Peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/