Re: Time to deprecate gskit

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2023 16:23:05 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 2 Jan 2023, Patrick Monnerat via curl-library wrote:

> The real question is the whole OS400 port maintenance.

Quite probably, yes. But we can also take it one step at a time.

> There has been some efforts from contributors in this direction, but no
> regular maintainer for 6 years: I suggest to poll these people individually
> outside of this list to ask about their possible commitment, emphasing on
> gskit first.

Sure, but with the little tweak that I don't actually care so much about what
anyone says that they will do in the future but rather how much they actually
step and up and *do*.

If we get the gskit support in shape in time before August 2023, I think that
is a working argument to *not* deprecate it then.