RE: CURLINFO_REDIRECT_COUNT

From: Mellergård, Daniel via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2022 00:10:25 +0000

>> Thanks. Auth definitely seems to be involved. Is it expected? Does it need an extra round-trip when using auth, even when reusing a connection to the same host?
> It depends.
> HTTP auth is (normally) per-request, not per-connection so reusing a connection doesn't necessarily mean that the auth is the same as before.
> But also, it depends on how you set the libcurl options and what exact HTTP auth is being used. libcurl makes an effort to do as few requests as possible with what it has.

Ah, ok. I didn't know that.

I have looked around a bit in the curl documentation and not found much of interest regarding this. Would you please elaborate a bit on what conditions affects if a previous auth may be reused or not? And maybe direct me in the source code if the decision is somewhat kept together in a section.

FYI: I get these messages from the verbose logging as well, but these seems to be pretty normal.
* Cipher selection: ALL:!EXPORT:!EXPORT40:!EXPORT56:!aNULL:!LOW:!RC4:_at_STRENGTH
* SSL connection using TLSv1.2 / ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384
* ALPN: server did not agree on a protocol. Uses default.