Re: CURLINFO_REDIRECT_COUNT

From: Mellergård, Daniel via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2022 10:27:17 +0000

> Without more detail it's not possisble to tell. Auth maybe?
> If you set CURLOPT_VERBOSE to 1L, you can probably see it.

Thanks. Auth definitely seems to be involved. Is it expected? Does it need an extra round-trip when using auth, even when reusing a connection to the same host?

(Anonymized log follows)

* Found bundle for host: 0x7f05ac3dd440 [serially]
* Can not multiplex, even if we wanted to
* Re-using existing connection #12 with host <host>
* Connected to <host> (1.2.3.4) port 443 (#12)
> GET /x/y/z/test.json HTTP/1.1
Host: <host>
Accept: */*
Accept-Encoding: deflate, gzip

* Mark bundle as not supporting multiuse
< HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
< WWW-Authenticate: Bearer realm="dev keycloak"
< WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="dev server"
<
* Ignoring the response-body
* Connection #12 to host <host> left intact
* Issue another request to this URL: 'https://<host>/x/y/z/test.json'
* Found bundle for host: 0x7f05ac3dd440 [serially]
* Can not multiplex, even if we wanted to
* Re-using existing connection #12 with host <host>
* Connected to <host> (1.2.3.4) port 443 (#12)
* Server auth using Basic with user 'hidden-user'
> GET /x/y/z/test.json HTTP/1.1
Host: <host>
Authorization: Basic <token>
Accept: */*
Accept-Encoding: deflate, gzip

* Mark bundle as not supporting multiuse
< HTTP/1.1 200 OK
<
* Connection #12 to host <host> left intact