RE: CURLINFO_REDIRECT_COUNT

From: Mellergård, Daniel via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2022 22:42:16 +0000

Btw, I am using curl 7.85.0.

From: curl-library <curl-library-bounces_at_lists.haxx.se> On Behalf Of Mellergård, Daniel via curl-library
Sent: Monday, December 5, 2022 11:39 PM
To: libcurl development <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Cc: Mellergård, Daniel <daniel.mellergard_at_maxar.com>
Subject: CURLINFO_REDIRECT_COUNT

Hi,

I am outputting a log containing information if any redirects has happened. I am using the multi-interface and the connection uses http/1.1 (secure).

For requests that I make, I get that one (1) redirects has been made, although the CURLINFO_EFFECTIVE_URL are exactly the same as CURLOPT_URL. The easy handles has not been cleaned up in between transfers. I can not tell if the handle has been use previously without deeper investigation. I do get a transfer with zero (0) redirects initially, but not for successive transfers to the same host it seems.

Also, a related question. Will repeated requests to the same URL with different query parameters be using a redirected URL immediately, if the 301 or 308 response codes have been received in a previous transfer (with other query parameters)?

Regards,
Daniel

This electronic communication and any attachments may contain confidential and proprietary information of Maxar, Inc. If you are not the intended recipient, or an agent or employee responsible for delivering this communication to the intended recipient, or if you have received this communication in error, please do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate or otherwise use the information. Please indicate to the sender that you have received this communication in error, and delete the copy you received.

Maxar reserves the right to monitor any electronic communication sent or received by its employees, agents or representatives.