Re: Slow Performance with libcurl when changing Ip Address

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2022 10:33:32 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 1 Nov 2022, frankfreak via curl-library wrote:

> I'm trying to reuse the same CURL handle in order to reuse it's connections
> associated with it. However, I noticed a huge performance drop when I
> constantly change the Ip address of my request. When I keep the IP address
> unchanged everything is fine,

TCP sockets are "bound" to a the source IP when you create them. When you
change IP, you efffectively ruins the connections setup to the former IP
address and I suspect it takes a moment for curl to realize, tear down the old
connection and create a new one. Over and over.

I don't see how that can be fixed with TCP. With QUIC, things can be done
better.