Re: Problem compiling curl-7.85.0

From: Daniel Hallberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2022 08:44:24 +0200

Den 2022-10-04 kl. 13:21, skrev Daniel Stenberg:
> On Tue, 4 Oct 2022, Daniel Hallberg via curl-library wrote:
>
>> Yes, I tried adding support for ngtcp2 earlier but when it failed I
>> deleted the whole curl dir and unpacked it "fresh" (as described in
>> my initial mail).
>> Does ./configure affect or store something outside the curl dir I
>> need to remove manually?
>
> It does not, but if you set (parts of) the configure/compiler
> instructions in environment variables they might be used (again).
>
>> Does the lines below from the config.log give any clues?
>>
>> configure:30481: checking for libngtcp2 options with pkg-config
>> configure:30495: result: found
>
> Yes, this implies --with-ngtcp2 was used!
>
> Is that not shown in the configure command line near the top of
> config.log ?

Top of config.log, cut before "Core tests":

This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

It was created by curl configure -, which was
generated by GNU Autoconf 2.71.  Invocation command line was

   $ ./configure --enable-ares --with-zlib --with-nghttp2 --with-openssl

## --------- ##
## Platform. ##
## --------- ##

hostname = stox
uname -m = x86_64
uname -r = 5.15.0-48-generic
uname -s = Linux
uname -v = #54-Ubuntu SMP Fri Aug 26 13:26:29 UTC 2022

/usr/bin/uname -p = x86_64
/bin/uname -X     = unknown

/bin/arch              = x86_64
/usr/bin/arch -k       = unknown