Re: C99

From: Christian Schmitz via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 16:18:07 -0500

> On 20. Sep 2022, at 04:24, Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> — `//` comments

I would expect that C99 is old enough to be working well for the curl users, who need to build a new version of the library/application.

Maybe you start slowly by changing it to use C99 in the makefile and just add a few // comments for the next release.
I'd look forward to be able to use locally defined variables

See how much complains we get there.

If the switch back to C89 is just changing three files, you may tell people to do so if they need it.
But I don't expect anyone to come back.

But please keep it compatible for some older Visual Studio versions.

Best regards,
Christian