Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Feature request: provide ability to set a global callback function telling libcurl if IPv6 works on the system

From: Daniel F via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 15:21:35 +0200

W dniu 2022-09-22 03:21, Dan Fandrich via curl-library napisaƂ(a):
> I'm betting that this problem can be fixed without adding a new
> callback,
> especially one that goes against the way libcurl works, namely that
> callbacks
> are used to change behaviour during a transfer.

You can consider another approach for this - add new global function
curl_global_setopt. It would better fit how libcurl works now. This new
function should be called after curl_global_init/curl_global_init_mem
and before any other libcurl calls.

In the future you could also consider replacing curl_global_init_mem
with curl_global_setopt+curl_global_init calls.

Regards,
Daniel