Re: [RELEASE] curl 7.85.0

From: Dennis Clarke via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2022 17:16:05 -0400

On 9/7/22 02:26, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Sep 2022, Dennis Clarke via curl-library wrote:
>
>> Makefile seems to add in -xO2 on CFLAGS
>
> That's what m4/curl-compilers have set as the default optimize level for
> sunpro compilers (since 2008). Is that what you are using? If that is
> wrong, what's a better default optimization flag?

     For reasons of debug and to single step if needed I want my CFLAGS
  to be respected and not altered. Thus :

s$
s$ echo $CFLAGS
-std=iso9899:2011 -m64 -xarch=sparc -xO0 -g -errfmt=error -erroff=%none
-errshort=full -xstrconst -xildoff -xmemalign=8s -xnolibmil -xcode=pic32
-xregs=no%appl -xlibmieee -mc -ftrap=%none -xbuiltin=%none -xunroll=1
-Qy -xdebugformat=dwarf
s$

There may also be times where I want to enforce relocatable code.

--
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC