Re: [Discussion] Have curl honor OpenSSH configurations

From: Emil Engler via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 17:13:41 +0200

On Thu, Aug 11, 2022 at 04:40:14PM +0200, Daniel Stenberg via curl-library wrote:
> I was not aware. Can you mention some that are not using libssh or are done
> by openssh themselves?

As far as I am aware, OpenSSH does not offer any sort of library themselves,
but many programs which make use of the SSH protocol invoke the OpenSSH binary
through some shell-hacks, such as git(1). The end-user barely notices a
difference in that case.

> Does the OpenSSH project make any form for claims or promises for how their
> format is done and will remain etc?

No. Otherwise, the man-page for ssh_config(5) would include a "STANDARDS"
section.