Client side Authentication query with libcrul

From: Minal Patil via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2022 12:19:36 +0530

Hello Sir/Madam,

I am looking to configure client side certificate validation in my libcurl
based application communicating with https protocol.

As per the documentation I need to configure the CURLOPT_SSLCERT attribute.
Sample code available on its doc page says i need to configure below 3
attributes.

  curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_SSLCERT, "client.pem");
  curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_SSLKEY, "key.pem");
  curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_KEYPASSWD, "s3cret");

When using a client certificate, you most likely also need to provide a
private key with CURLOPT_SSLKEY. It gives an impression that
CURLOPT_SSLKEY is optional and not mandatory.
So can you please clarify if it's really an optional attribute. In
other words can i configure the application only to use a certificate and
key is not required.

--
Thanks & Regards,
MINAL PATIL