rtsp mjpeg stream stops streaming in windows

From: VINEETH NAIR via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2022 19:09:51 +0530

Hi,

I am using libcurl version 7.79.1. I have an application that uses libcurl
to connect to an IP camera with RTSP mjpeg stream. The application reads
the frames from the camera.

The problem is, when I run this application in windows, the camera stops
streaming after sending a few JPEG frames. I can verify from the Wireshark
logs that the connection to the camera went through and after the "PLAY"
command the camera did send a few JPEG frames. But then it just stops
streaming.
The connection is still active, as the camera responds to a "TEARDOWN"
command with an "Ok" reply.
The same application didn't give any issue in a Mac and linux OS. The
camera continuously streams JPEG frames.It works with vlc media player as
well on all platforms: windows, linux and mac.

few other information:
1. As a heartbeat message, to keep the camera connection alive I am sending
an empty GET_PARAMETER request
2. The IP camera uses digest authentication.
On further investigation, I found that when the camera stopped streaming
JPEG frames, there seems to be some change in the nonce used by digest
authentication. Since the GET_PARAMETER request got a "401 unauthorized"
reply
However, the very next GET_PARAMETER request got an "Ok" reply

So this change in nonce by the server(IP camera) is what might have caused
the disconnection.

Have you seen a similar issue? Can you help me with debugging?

Regards,
Vineeth Nair