Re: How to handle CA certificate bundles in portable application bundles (e.g., AppImages)?

From: TheAssassin <theassassin_at_assassinate-you.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 01:34:13 +0200

On 20.05.22 08:59, Daniel Stenberg via curl-library wrote:> Maybe this?

>   https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/8888

Had a look at it. This covers part of what I need. Thanks!

For my current use case (that is, zsync2/AppImageUpdate), I will just
copy the CA search path from the CMake/configure scripts for now, and
add the queried value if available, since I need to make this work. This
approach should work at least for a majority of distributions. I added
an SSL_CERT_FILE environment variable as a fallback, too.

One thing that would be nice to have as well is to compile in the value
used in CURL_CA_BUNDLE_AUTODETECT and expose it via the API as well.
This would allow applications to benefit from the list without having to
maintain it themselves.

Thanks everyone for the feedback and for the quick addition to libcurl!