RE: IPv6 resolution problems for IPv4 resolve mode

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 13:21:44 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 20 May 2022, Dmitry Karpov wrote:

> I understand the rationale for keeping DNS entry in the cache for both
> addresses, but in my proposal, I suggest to use "dual-stack" DNS queries
> only for dual-stack and IPv6-only modes. This will make IPv4-only requests
> in IPv6-enabled libcurl builds behave the same way as they do in IPv4-only
> builds.

I believe that suggestion would basically revert 84d2839740ca7804, so it would
need some careful considerations.

Maybe we should rather add some variation to CURLOPT_IPRESOLVE for more
explicit *also applies to name resolving*? We might need to do something about
caching/connection reuse too, or at least decide and document exactly how
those would work in these siutations.