Re: How to handle CA certificate bundles in portable application bundles (e.g., AppImages)?

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 10:38:19 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 18 May 2022, TheAssassin via curl-library wrote:

> I could imagine that (maybe in addition) to that search path, libcurl could
> allow developers to specify a list of bundles.

I don't see how it makes any functional difference if the app makes that
search or if libcurl does it.

Supporting more than one file is an interesting idea. This current single file
restriction (except for OpenSSL which can have a directory of certs) is
primarily because how the TLS libraries' APIs for doing certificate
but it would not be an inisignificant amount of work...