RE: Feature request about curlinfo option returning resolver status/error code

From: Dmitry Karpov via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 17:35:56 +0000

It would return a status code the resolver returns when it performs a DNS query.

For instance, c-ares passes its status code in resolution callbacks, so this status code would be returned in the CURLINFO_RESOLVER_CODE.
So, if something goes wrong with host name resolution, this code will give a hint why the resolver failed.