Feature request about curlinfo option returning resolver status/error code

From: Dmitry Karpov via curl-library <curl-library_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 21:50:52 +0000

Hi All,

When debugging host resolution failures in libcurl, I found it difficult to find out what was wrong with host resolutions without additional information from the resolver backend (like c-ares),
and additional CURLINFO option (i.e., CURLINFO_RESOLVER_CODE) would be very helpful in such cases.

So, I propose to add a new CURLINFO_RESOLVER_CODE info option, which will return the resolver status/code from the resolver backends that provide such codes (primarily c-ares).

If libcurl core maintainers and community agree that it will be a useful feature, I can create a PR.

Thanks,
Dmitry Karpov